Monday, January 11, 2010

First Last Day of UNCA

Woke up kinda early, or rather earlier than i needed to. It seems that Kendra may have some type of stomach bug. Kinda seems like TSS, but i don't know much about that or what to look for so i hope not. So far, she is feeling better.

I've been completely wrong about what time i thought one of my classes were, so thankfully I'm home 5 hours earlier than i thought i would be! Goodness, for one class i have to read almost 2 books a month! At least they are interesting. My schedule for this semester:

MW Piano I from 10-11am.
MWF Japanese Culture for the outsider from 1230-130pm ( hoping this will help me when i go to Japan!)
MW Nuclear Dilemma from 245-4pm (i'm studying Japan in the class to as we picked countries in class today)
W Political Science Fiction from 6-930pm ( a late class but should be interesting. Taught by Dr. Mullen so that's a major plus and we are reading some great books)

Not too bad of a class load but i will need to do some finishing touches on my Philosophy degree. Did you notice that i don't have ANY philosophy OR math classes. Yea, it's kinda crazy and i don't know what to do with myself. I actually think i heard Patrick, an extremely innovative math professor,  lecturing from a classroom today but i may have been hallucinating. I do, however, have Dot Sulock as my Nuclear professor...so that's kinda mathy...maybe i'm stretching it a little.

The plan for today was to  run a mile at 11am. I forgot to bring tennis shoes so that didn't happen. I feel bad about it but I'll wear some tomorrow.  All I have to do tomorrow is meet with Kim, my AVID boss who is also amazing, to talk about the new semester. I figure i will also get a few hours in office assistant and then i can run my mile!

Food consumed today: 1 large cup of Chicken and Dumpling Soup with 3 Packs of Oyster Crackers.

That's it so far, i haven't picked out something for dinner.

Homework for the day:

Edit A paper ( yea that's right already)
Look up Country stats ( Due Wed)
Read " A Path to Sustainable Energy by 2030" by Mark Jacobson & Mark Delucchi (wed)
Read "Disspossed" by Ursula K LeGuin (wed)
Read " Wabi Sabi" (Fri) I'm excited about this book.

I think that's it so far!

Well, i'm done. Check in tomorrow i guess.

Platinum OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment